So, in my last post I raved about how fast stranded is. There is a caveat to that: it’s really fast if you don’t have to rip it out and start over.
Somehow, I got it into my head to hold the yarns opposite from how I should, so the background color was dominant (not something you normally look for in a background).
So the veins of the leaves were almost invisible. Trooper that I am, I somehow convinced myself it was Totally Fine and kept at it.
But of course it wasn’t fine, and once I figured that out with the help of Glenna and Elspeth on Twitter (ie knitting mentors) it became really, really apparent. In the above photo, you can see plain as day that the top leaves look miles better than the ones below.
Commence the ripping.
Sob. If I’d only listened to the little voice in my head sooner! It wasn’t until I picked up the project in hand while wearing my dragon sweater and realized, one of these things is not like the other.
So after a weekend of much walking-and-knitting, followed by a Supernatural marathon, we’re back in business.
It may not be done for the weekend trip where I’d hoped to take pictures, and I may need to make something on size 15 needles as a palette cleanser at some point, but it will likely be done for Rhinebeck and I’ll be a lot happier with the result.